Animal Kingdom Features and Updates:
- Pandora: The Land of Avatar is set to open sometime in 2017 in what used to be known as Camp Minnie Mickey.
- Keep in mind that animals naturally retreat at sundown, so try to arrive to the theme park early so you can get to see them during daylight.
- The live theater ‘Festival of the Lion King’ attraction is the most popular of all, thanks to its amazing dance performances and puppeteering acts.
Animal Kingdom Little Known Facts:
- There were plans for a Beastly Kingdom section of the theme park, but Disney chose not to build it due to budget limits.
- Disney goes out of its way to ensure that every creature in the theme park is cared for properly by top specialists for each breed.
- The park also doubles as a conservation and educational facility, being accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, as well as the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums.