Epcot Features and Updates:
- Every Spring, Epcot celebrates its International Flower & Garden Festival, which features flower arrangements and exhibits representing the flora of diverse countries around the world.
- In the late Fall, Epcot celebrates its International Food & Wine Festival, featuring food and drink from every World Showcase pavilion, as well as from other participating countries represented during the event.
- The Holiday Season in Epcot features the “Holidays Around the World” celebration, where top-name artists and bands celebrate with music performances around the World Showcase themed land.
Epcot Little Known Facts:
- The iconic centerpiece attraction of Spaceship Earth was originally sponsored by communications giant AT&T until 2005, when German multinational Siemens AG became its new sponsor.
- Most of Futureworld’s pavilions at Epcot are sponsored by private corporations and each contains meeting space reserved for its sponsors.
- While the original Spaceship Earth ride narration was done by Walter Cronkite, today it has an updated version featuring the voice of actress Judy Dench, known for her role as “M” in recent James Bond movies.
- Although Disney does not sponsor or condone it, there is an unofficial event known as “Drinking Around the World” where guests sample alcoholic beverages from each of the World Showcase’s countries during their visit to the theme park.