SeaWorld Orlando Features and Updates:
- The latest major enhancement at SeaWorld Orlando is Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, which features a live penguin exhibit at the end of a ride through the story of a young penguin followed into adulthood.
- The SeaWorld SkyTower is its most visible icon from afar. With a height of 400 feet, visitors who ride its double-deck elevating pod can see all around Central Florida, allowing you to spot other theme parks from Disney and Universal Studios.
- Looking to find more ways to entertain water-loving guests, SeaWorld opened the Aquatica water park in 2008, across the street from the original theme park.
SeaWorld Orlando Little Known Facts:
- During the months prior to the launch of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, SeaWorld executives were told not to shave and grow beards to resemble an expedition crew assigned to explore the South Pole, adding to the fun of opening this new ride.
- You could say that this marine-themed water park was the second Orlando theme park since it opened in 1973 soon after Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Today, SeaWorld has sister parks in San Diego CA and San Antonio TX with plans to open a new park in the Middle East–possibly in Dubai UAE.